Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Yerba Mate NEW FAD for DC


OK so I'm all about starting fad's! FORGET yogurt shops and those crepes. I think the new FAD that is going to be hitting DC is Yerba Mate shops places that sell gourds and such. So I saw these two people at the pool the other day a girl and a guy, both Spanish speaking and they were drinking from the same cup! I was like wow that's pretty what are they drinking, so I asked and they told me. They were from Argentina, and odd enough, when I got home, Samantha Brown was on TV and she was in Uruguay and shopping in the capital and people were drinking Yerba Mate so she went around asking people as well. I was thinking what the hell is going on today! So I ordered a gourd from online a nice pretty piece, and I went to my local Spanish market around the corner and bought a bag of the Yerba mate. Today is my first time trying it and I have to say, it's actually pretty good. millions of people can't be wrong. so here's to a new FAD in DC. I hope this gets things going. check out some photos and videos.









5 comments:

  1. you liked it?? I thought it sort of tasted like grass...from the lawn that is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it.. your supposed to add sugar if needed! you have to get used to the taste. just like anything. it's better for you then coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mate is more than just a passing fad, Project Mate Bar in Florida is spreading the Mate Culture with original forest harvested Mate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Netflix and get it on Amazon Instant Video are both great services for streaming movies online. In this article I breakdown pros and cons of each and touch a little on Amazon Prime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you know about https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/22ZGS1A33CZ13 Marketplace. Maybe you're already an Amazon Affiliate. But that's just the start. Read on for more about both of these plus two more ways to make money with Amazon.com even if you're not a best-selling author (yet).

    ReplyDelete