Thursday, July 15, 2010

International Dining in DC


Common Wealth Gastropub here in Columbia heights! Let me just say that usually if there is always a crowd of people outside the place it would seem that the food is good, but that's not what it was when I went. Last time I went was for Thanksgiving, obviously you can't go wrong with Turkey. So this time we had the regular menu, and a cheese platter, Which we all liked! The food was not at all what we expected at all, I ordered the Lemon-Thyme Roast Chicken with mashed potatoes. Only thing that was good on the plate was the mash potatoes, the Chicken was a bit soggy and didn't have any flavor what so ever, my water was tasty as well. my other friends had beer, and the UnCommon Burger of the night which was a turkey burger with some kind of chipotle dressing on top with some fries, the Burger was a bit burnt and looked all alone with out any lettuce or other toppings, something was missing on the burger. And a Tuna plate which was good he said, and Pork roast which had a bit of fat he had to cut off. I give the CW gastropub 3 stars for the night we went. The Bathrooms were plentiful and clean. I just think it's a place to go get a drink with friends and a see and be seen place since it's on a main sidewalk in Columbia Height's lots to see. Common Wealth you just didn't to me this time. I hear the Brunch is good. Maybe I should give it another try.

No comments:

Post a Comment