Thursday, July 8, 2010

International Dining in DC

So this Past week I felt like a Greek, eating at two different Greek places here in the Nations Capital. Please these are just my take on my experience there. Go ahead and try these places for yourself.
First one was Zorba's Cafe the first time I had ever been a friend and I decided to get take out instead of eat in, It was like a cafeteria style. You order, get your food, and find a seat inside the nice dinning area or sit outside and people watch in Dupont. the food was very good. Desert was perfect try the Baklava, very sweet may be good with a cafe or coffee.

1612 20th St. NW
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle



Second, I had been to Yannis's before but sat inside because it was winter time, this time around we sat on the large outdoor patio on the sidewalk on Connecticut Ave. I would like to say the food was good this time, but I did find a large hair in my food, and I was getting mosquito bites all over my legs. Sorry Yannis this was a disappointment this time. Next time I may have to sit inside again.

3500 Connecticut Ave. NW
Neighborhood: Cleveland Park




And after feeling all Greek that week of the 4th of July I always go back to where my heart is, VACE Italian Deli in Cleveland Park is a great Italian Deli where the Pizza's are WELL known around DC. Note, they do not deliver so call ahead to place an order because when people get off from work, the place is packed. all you ever want for Italian food's is here, you could call this "Little Italy". haha

3315 Connecticut Ave. NW
Neighborhood: Cleveland Park

No comments:

Post a Comment