Friday, July 16, 2010

International Dining in DC

Marx Cafe

So I decided to take my friend to a new place since he was tired of going to the same ole places in Columbia Heights time after time, So we made a stop at Marx Cafe a Soviet themed restaurant/bar, that serves organic foods from around the world, I would say. Yummy delicious appetizer's we had were the Chicken Kabobs and the Empanadas! Those were GREAT. The staff was very friendly and we had just made it before the rush of people coming in! Thursday was Sangria night and those were $7 they have other specials nights as well check out the website. So ordering the from the menu I saw lot's of stuff I wanted but wanted to try something new and had the Beef Milanese which was so good, perfect toppings and flavors and cooked just right! My friend had the Grilled Chicken, it was a large plate of food and he couldn't finish it, I finished all mine and told the servers every time they came by everything was VERY good. I give this place 5 stars. Best Food in Mt. Pleasant so far.



Estadio

This was a spur of the moment place to grab and bite to eat. The brand new restaurant one of the many coming to 14th st. in Logan Circle, was an ok visit. I wasn't expecting the world because after all its just tapas! We ordered several small plates and then main plates that me and a friend shared. It was very good, the Chorizo was yum. but they really need to get some diet pepsi, when asked they didn't have that or sparkling water! WHOA. ha-ha. We asked to be sat near the window and we got the back table near where the servers type in the orders in the computer it got a bit packed where our table was, that was a reason why I didn't want to sit there. When I enter a restaurant, I know where to sit and I expect to get seated there! We were told they tables were all reserved. ALL the tables in front of the windows. I think maybe its because I came in with a wife beater but I changed shirts when we got sat because it was just to hot out. But once again, I think the bar over takes the whole room. After all it's just Tapas. I don't expect long lines for this place. Love the hardwood furniture very old world Spain.


No comments:

Post a Comment