Saturday, February 11, 2012

International Dining in DC : Founding Farmers

1924 Penn Ave.  NW
Washington DC

Sunday Brunch in DC!  Yes, all restaurants are packed!  People are talking about what happened over the weekend, or are still hung over from the night before!  Brunch in DC has become a hype of some sort!  Go get your unlimited Mimosa and eat your greasy food at the same place.  ME on the other hand, I love going to new restaurants and trying new foods.  I decided to make a brunch date with two friends and meet them there and try out the semi-new restaurant.  

Walking in is just MAD, be prepared to pull hair and yell for a table, there's gonna be a wait!!!!  a long wait!  So I made reservations but those dates go fast on Open Table!  The decor is modern but has a country feel, Organic almost! then again, the whole building which is the IMF is a LEEDS certified building!  so it's all organic!  The menu was big and since I had two friends who can't eat gluten foods, this place was good for them as well!  Large large fresh and colorful salads and the stuffed french toast is a GOOD one!  I tried out the Chicken and waffles!  Yes, you can say I'm a little crazy on finding the best chicken and waffles here in DC.  It's a staple of a food!  So I'm thinking Founding Farmers won me over!  This is by far a really great restaurant, for Brunch and I will defiantly come for dinner!

 Stuffed banana french toast

Chicken & Waffles (side of eggs)

No comments:

Post a Comment