Wednesday, March 30, 2011

International Dining in DC

1781 Florida Ave.  NW
Washington DC

I have fallen in love with a restaurant!  I had been here two times on Sunday Once for breakfast and then later in the day for drinks.  Let me tell you something, I have been searching high and low for REAL Belgian waffles.  My father used to bring boxes of Belgian waffles back from overseas when he would go on trips and I could never find any.  I saw them on the menu and asked if they were the ones!  the ones with the sugar cubes/crystallized sugar in them.. to my delight, I was answered back with a big YES!  I was like a kid in a toy store.  I ordered three right then and there.  I ordered them with out anything on top which is the right way to eat them.

The location of the cafe is perfect.  It's a side angled cafe with outdoor seating and plenty inside.  they have a large kitchen for making chocolates.  the staff is very friendly and you can see the owner working hard on his creations in the kitchen.  


I did try a couple of other things for breakfast, I had the Chimay Cheese & Ham Panini.  It was very good.  My friend had a smoked salmon with a spinach waffle, and little side salad.  he said it was awesome.  Let's not forget the beer selection which is pretty big for a small cafe, we had the Delirium tremens beer.  The Chocolate cappuccino in the morning was excellent.


ooh Yeah and the deserts are world class yummy.  check these out.  on the left is a Eclair and on the right is lemon tart.  Lemon tart was my favorite.  not a fan of over flowing things with creamy centers!  just me.  I really hope you all can check this spot out.  it's another on my favorite list. 

1 comment:

  1. O-Sushi Restaurant Broadbeach has come up with its wonderful Japanese cuisine culture with health benefits in addition with the international standard. We are providing a real big menu .some highlights can include Gourmet Sushi, Sashimi, special rolls, Grilled dishes Kushi Yaki, Teppan, noodle soup, seafood special, desserts, cocktails, soft drinks, Sakes, great range of wine, etc.Restaurant Byron Bay

    ReplyDelete