Wednesday, March 16, 2011

International Dining in DC


415 New Jersey Ave.  NW  
Washington DC

OK so I heard so much about their signature dish, the chicken & waffles, I had to go there.  After a long Sunday morning I gave notice to my friend's that we should go there and have brunch.  We walked in and were greeted nicely and I was amazed by the decor of the restaurant, large canvases with images of political figures of the past, and creamy white booths lined the back wall and wonderful lighting.  I must say I was quite excited to sit down since hearing such good things about this place.  When my food came I was disappointed with the "Waffle" and the fried, fried chicken.  The chicken was a bit spicy, and the syrup was a bit watery for my taste!  My other friend plates looked yummy as one had a quiche and salad and the other eggs benedict.  The drink specials were OK as well, as we all tried the different types of special signature brunch drinks.  Mind you this place is in the lobby of the Liaison Hotel, which is a Boutique hotel down the street from the Capitol.  I would recommend this place for a group of people.  I will try to go back and try the Dinner this time.  





2029 P St.  NW
Washington DC


So if you'r ever in a hurry for a bite to eat and your on P st.  East of the Circle, stop into PANAS, they have some really good Empanadas.  They are a little small from what I'm used to at the other places, but they also offer desert empanadas as well.  Nice decor and pleasant staff.  

Located in the old Rock Creek Store (for those of you who remember when P St. was GAY).

1 comment: