Sunday, March 20, 2011

Revealed: Victor Price

Revealed is taking a look at Victor Price this Month.  Victor Price has been a friend of mine for a couple of years now, I met him through a friend while out for cocktails one night, and since then I have asked him to do a photo shoot which came out so marvelous and now an interview for the 202 blog. 

This past month has been a busy one for me.  Editing photos and collecting things for my blog and trying to find a new apartment in the city.  All awhile this is happening, I had time to do a photo shoot with Victor Price one weekend, and then the next weekend work with him again on another photo shoot with Rachel Panay in which he did styling and visual help on the shoot to make everything perfect.  Both shoots came out as some of my best work so far and I thank him for helping me.  

So let's get to this interview!


The 202) Where were you born and raised? 
Victor) Asheboro, NC but I'm an Army brat and spent my teenage years in Germany.

The 202) What Brought you to Washington DC? 
Victor) Honestly, I thought it would be a fun place to live after I graduated college and finished my term in the Air Force.

The 202) How did you get into Image consultant? and where has it brought you? 
Victor) When people started seeking my advice on interior design, clothing, and entertainment I knew I had knowledge that people wanted and would pay for.  Then I turned it into a business when other businesses took notice of the clientele I brought in. The business has allowed me to work with Esperanza Spaulding who just won a grammy for best new artist, great designers and a publicist in Miami, and international style credits for magazines in the UK and Ecuador.  In terms of clothing, the highlight was being able to use Iris Van Herpen's Armadillo heel (she designed it for McQueen) in a photo shoot! AMAZING!

The 202) Tell Us something that we would be surprise to hear about Victor Price? 
Victor) The fact that I'm great with my culinary skills! I truly enjoy cooking and my domestic side when I'm not on the set. Oh and that I'm trained to shoot a M-16!

The 202) What do you like to do on your free time? 
Victor) Leisurely lunches, quiet times on the beach, or relaxing doing absolutely nothing! LOL

The 202) What three people dead of alive that you would like to meet? 
Victor) Oprah Winfrey, Gianni Versace, and Janet Jackson.

The 202) What principles do you live by? 
Victor) To treat others the way I want to be treated and lead with an open heart.  I try to see the best in everyone while maintaining a positive and upbeat attitude about life.

The 202) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Victor)  I see myself starting my own style agency.

The 202) What was your worst job? 
Victor) OMG...worse job ever was working the Italian ice lemonade stand at the zoo when I was in high school! LOL

The 202) What do you like most about DC?  And the least? 
Victor) I love that DC is very international but I dislike how conservative it is here.  Although, I didn't know that when I signed up to live here!




The 202) What are four songs you have on reply on your ipod?
Victor) Yolanda Be Cool-We Speak No Americano, Nicki Minaj-The Muny, Martin Solveig & Dragonette - Hello, & All of the lights-Kanye West.

The 202) Last movie you went to see? 
Victor) Well I did a double feature..Black Swan & 127 hours

The 202) And last but not least how did you feel about stepping in front of the camera for Me? 
Victor) I absolutely enjoyed it and felt extremely comfortable.  It was fun being on the other side of the camera for a change.






The 202) Your fav Restaurant in DC, and place to hang with friends! 
Victor) Favorite place that combines food and friends would have to be SEI in Chinatown! Great sushi and drinks!






Once Again, a very special Thank You to Victor Price for a well done photo shoot, and thank you for doing an interview with the 202.

If you would like to contact Victor Price check out his website at the Price of Style.

No comments:

Post a Comment