Sunday, March 20, 2011

International Dining in DC


1337 Connecticut Ave.  NW
Washington DC

So this being my real first time having Indian food, I was a little scared because hearing curry is so bad and you have the runs after eating, well I have had curry before in Thai food, so I was very optimistic.  But I did bring a friend along who happened to be Indian and he told me what I should try and considered and what dishes were his favorites.

So walking in to the Restaurant, they have valet which is nice, and the hostess was so glad to see us, I have since become friends with her on face book, she was such a hoot and very friendly!  

The decor of the restaurant is very reminiscent of an old palace almost, with pictures of royal Indian families of long time ago.  Oh oh and I thought it was kind of weird to see a large Buddha statue in the place since most Indians are Hindu!  Just Weird.


The food was just amazing!  We started off with some little breads to eat with different dipping sauces and moved to our larger plates where we let each other try our plates.  This was more Southern Indian food then Northern Indian food I was told by my friend.  the service was great, I dunno if it was because my friend was Indian and the server was as well and he knew what he was talking about or what, but I will defiantly go back and try this place.  I see on the website they have special buffet lunches!!!  Gotta try it.  



2934 M St.  NW
Washington DC

I LOVE PHO....  First time stepping in here, I was like wow how small, but after sitting down, I didn't let the size of the restaurant get to me.  Most places that aren't big usually have the best food anyways.  there are pictures of famous people who have been there before.  The staff (one guy) I guess who is the owner sits you and isn't very talkative, but that's ok, we are here to eat.  HAHA  The food was quick to come out, and was SO good.  this is a top place for PHO in my book.  It's usually packed on the weekends, but it was a late night and was cold out, no one wants to go out when it's cold.  I give this place a thumbs up for the food and a thumbs down for service.


No comments:

Post a Comment