Friday, January 13, 2012

International Dining: Meridian Pint

3400 11th St.  NW
Washington DC

I just want to tell people, that when I go to a restaurant I want to be seated right away, When there are tables available and people NEED to be seated because the entry way is getting packed with customers then you have a problem and you need to fix that.  The hostess were trying to do their job properly but their rule for the whole party to be there could not be used because the crowd was getting big at the entry. 

The space of the restaurant was very large, but I found that they had limited seating, is this a bar or a restaurant?  So much unused space, The venue has another bar downstairs that I did not go to.  The restrooms were very clean.

Now to the food. When ordering, I order something I have never tried before and sometimes like to try the old fashioned stuff that I like to see how their version is.  So I ordered the Bassett Farms beer battered fried chicken with corn pudding and sauteed green beans and carrots........   First off, I loved the presentation of the dish, and this place is very good at showing off, The only problem is that the taste of the food and quality is horrible.  The batter on the fried chicken taste like it was for fish, there was hardly any meat on the chicken and the veggies were just dumped in butter and or grease.  I couldn't eat another bite! 


My boyfriend ordered the Grilled Trout with Apple wood smoked bacon, sage, pan-fried polenta and wilted arugula.  The fish obviously looked burned but was good. 

 My friend ordered Pan-seared rib eye of beef.  He didn't touch his food because I guess I had turned him off on his food, The Rib eye did have to much fat on it. 

The waitress was wonderful, thank you Maria for helping us, but the manager Rachel was unprofessional.  Maria our waitress also tried to get food taken off the check and was told no and took off my friends drinks...(which were bad as well)  WOW thanks it was the food that sucked!!  Maria told us sorry for the food but we would love to have you come back for Brunch which I heard is great, But the Manager didn't want to come by our table to say sorry or hear our complaints, my friend gently told the waitress that it was unprofessional of the manager not to come to the table to see what the problem was, She came and heard our complaints and took note, only to say well our other customers seem to like that or this, Well miss manager that is no way to treat a customer, we are telling you what we felt was wrong with the food, and it's the only way to fix something.  I've been to alot of restaurants and none have tasted worst!  Sorry Meridian Pint, you all need to get your act together on the taste of food and quality.  The presentation of the food is GREAT and the decor in the restaurant is very good to, the bar well it's a bar,  If you wanna serve bar food just have a bar, not a sit down restaurant and pretend to be a REAL restaurant.

Rated one star
*

No comments:

Post a Comment