Saturday, January 23, 2010

ReUseable Bags

"Do you want a bag", is what the cashier asks me! "No", I reply I have my own. Starting Jan 1 2010 a new decade brought in a new law into Washington DC, a bag fee of five cents. Yes I said five cents, after a while that can add up, going to the market, the 7-11, the carry out even your local sports store yes thats right. The Law for bag fees is that any place that sells food has to charge a five cent fee, even if they are little snacks at the counter before you leave the store.

So Iam bringing you this article to you, because it's all about saving the environment especially the Anacostia River that's over polluted with plastic BAGS. So if you wanna get your fix on fashionable Reusable bags head over to your local Target, Safeway, Giant, or even you little boutiques, they may sell them as well. The first couple of weeks the local markets were giving away bags.
Gear it up boys and girls get a REusable bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment