Thursday, September 17, 2009

Michael Jackson



Growing up in the 1980's and a teenager of the 1990's all I knew was Michael Jackson was the greatest dancer an awesome singer and his videos were amazing. He became my idol instantly, I remember sitting in my parents old Pontiac Grand AM and listening to MJ's Thriller, my Dad came back from a trip from Malaysia and brought back his Thriller cassette for those of you who remember cassettes, and I would listen to it nonstop. So many memories so many favorite song's. My Best friend Allyson had a Thriller jacket! Whoa I wish I had a picture of that, we all thought she was cool. watching MTV and the specials that would come on for Michael Jackson's new album or a new video showing on Prime time TV was the highlight of the evening or weekend for me, and then watching the Motown award show (Yes I do remember that clearly). sitting on my parents bed and being in awe watching him moonwalk, me and my sister looking at each other and saying "did he just really do that". I used to think Prince and MJ were brothers for some odd reason, funny now that I look back on it. I also had a stand-up photo of MJ from his BAD days man was I gay. ha-ha. Coming home from work to see the breaking news the day he passed away was really a sad moment, I had to keep watching to see if it was fake or the media just saying something else to ruin his life. but watching CNN it was true he had passed. We should all look back at his great accomplishment's and still sing and dance to his great music. R.I.P MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment